This week we’ve presented the result of the Project for the Conservation of Camí de Cavalls that our company started in early 2017. The project consists of raising funds for the conservation of the Camí de Cavalls, with the aim that our Camí de Cavalls 360º and Epic Camí de Cavalls 360º activities are not only sustainable and respectful with the environment, but also provide a direct improvement for the environment where they are carried out.
Amount raised during 2017-2018: 17.000 €
During 2017 and 2018 a total amount of 17,000 € has been raised, which corresponds to voluntary donations of the participants (9,838 €) and to the direct contribution made by our company (7,162 €). This week we signed a collaboration agreement with the Consell Insular de Menorca, owner of the trail. The island institution will use this money to alleviate and prevent erosion processes, correct the path course or repair elements of the path. In particular, the works will be done in Pla de Mar and between Cala del Pilar and Es Alocs, two areas where the trail is damaged due to actions that were made in the past.
The present works are made using the traditional dry stone technique and are carried out by the wall-maker Joan Carles Bagur.
Characteristics of the works
- The goal is preventing or correcting erosion processes, for example by correcting past actions that have proved counterproductive.
- The ultimate goal of the actions is to make a tough path that is self-regulated as much as possible.
- They are not intended to reduce natural obstacles. They are part of the environment, they are one of the attractions of the trail and are part of its character.
- No furniture will be used to add or increase signalling or other elements on the trail.
- The works will be respectful with the traditional techniques and adapted to the surroundings where they are carried out.
Continuity of the project
The Project for the Conservation of Camí de Cavalls continues to raise funds at a good pace. During the first 6 months of 2019 4,652 € (2,386 € contributed by 40 Nord Outdoor, S.L. and 2,266 € contributed by the participants) have been raised. In conclusion, we continue to work in the same line, aware of our responsibility as a local company that promotes and uses a public resource with great symbolic value such as the Camí de Cavalls. We want to make an exemplary use of this path to try to influence, in the measure of our possibilities, in an adequate use by individuals and especially other companies and activities.